For 2018s#?Tour de France, we are delighted that our Luxury Pyrenean Villa offers accommodation for up to 10 people sits just above Argeles Gazost on Stage 19 of Le Tour.
We look forward to the Tour de France. This is such a big event here in France and one which understandably gets the tricolor flying. This year though it is even more exciting as it will be passing through the valley. In fact, we will probably be able to see it from the villa making it great accommodation to consider.
Stage 19 of the Tour de France will leave just up the road from us in Lourdes on the 27th July .? It climbs? the Col du Tourmalet (and what a climb that is!) before making its way through Argeles Gazost, just 5 km from our Villa before finishing in Laruns.
Whether you are visiting or staying in our accommodation for the Tour de France or are here just to take in the delights of this amazing Pyrenean countryside, you really must give Col du Tourmalet a look. There is a small souvenir shop with plenty of parking at the top of the col where you can view both sides of the mountain pass. The road is daubed with Tour de France ‘graffitti’ for want of a better word as it climbs at an unimaginable gradient that leaves non-road-race cyclists such as ourselves gasping for breath just at the thought of it.?
For those of you interested in facts and figures, Le Tour has published this infographic.[link]
Of course we realise that there are hard core road racers out there that, for them, climbs such as the Col du Tourmalet is nothing unusual and whether they are racing or not are true enthusiasts of the sport. Le Tour is the Holy Grail of races for them and other race enthusiasts.
Back in the Villa we have now prepared ourselves for the new season and would be delighted if we could welcome race enthusiasts to our house.
We can accommodate up to 10 guests in comfort in 4 King Size Double Bed rooms and 1 bunk bed. (Read about the accommodation) This means for one week with four couples sharing plus two others you can make up your very own cycle team with luxury accommodation for just ?300 per head!
A short distance away from us are Col dAubisque
The other must do climbs are Col d’Aubisque (it looks like the section includes it this year) and Hautecam which can be seen opposite the house.
Whether you are connected with the race in any way or you just have a passing interest then we are sure you will be delighted with the luxury accommodation.? If you are cyclists there is a steam room and heated swimming pool to help relax you at the end of a hard day out on the road, and there is a secure lock-up if your are planning to bring your own bicycles.
If you have any questions on how we can help you enjoy a stay at Mas des Hirondelles then do get in touch. We would be delighted to hear from you.
- Sat 7th July: Ile de Noirmoutier to Fontenay le Comte (Pays de la Loire); 189km
- Sun 8 July: Mouilleron St Germain to La Roche sur Yon (Pays de la Loire); 183km
- Mon 9 July: Time trials – Cholet (Pays de la Loire); 35km
- Tues 10th July: La Baule (Pays de la Loire) to Sarzeau (Brittany) 192km
- Wed 11th July: Lorient to Quimper (Brittany) 203km
- Thurs 12th July: Brest to Mur de Bretagne; ( Brittany) 181km
- Fri 13th July:? Foug?res (Brittany) to Chartres ( Centre Val de Loire) 231km
- Sat 14th July: Dreux ( Centre Val de Loire) to Amiens (Picardy) 181km
- Sun 15th July: Arras to Roubaix (Hauts de France) 154km
Rest Day Mon 16th July: Annecy (Rh?ne Alpes)
- Tues 17th July: Annecy to Le Grand-Bornand (Rh?ne Alpes) 159km
- Wed 18th July: Albertville to La Rosi?re (Rh?ne Alpes) 108km
- Thur 19th July: Bourg-Saint-Maurice to L’Alpe-D’Huez (Rh?ne Alpes) 175km
- Friday 20th July: Bourg-D’Oisans to Valence (Rh?ne Alpes) 169km
- Sat. 21st July: Saint-Paul-Trois-Ch?teaux (Rh?ne Alpes) to Mende (Languedoc) 187km
- Sun 22nd July: Millau (Midi-Pyrenees) to Carcassonne (Languedoc) 181km
Rest day Mon 23rd July: Carcassonne (Languedoc)
- Tue 24th July: Carcassonne (Languedoc) to Bagn?res-de-Luchon (Midi-Pyren?es) 218km
- Wed 25th July: Bagn?res-de-Luchon to Saint-Lary-Soulan (Midi-Pyren?es) 65km
- Thur 26th July: Trie-sur-Ba?se (Midi-Pyren?es) to Pau (Aquitaine) 172km
- Fri 27th July: Lourdes (Midi-Pyren?es) to Laruns (Aquitaine) 200km
- Sat 28th July: Time trials Saint-P?e-sur-Nivelle to Espelette (Aquitaine) 31km
- Sun 29th July: Houilles to Paris – Champs Elys?es 115km